Here we are again

There are countless people who speak more elegantly than me, especially on topics like this. If you've ever spoken to me, you'd quickly find out that I'm a curt and speedy emotional speaker who opts to get his words across in as few words as possible.

So in being brief, I just want to say that without justice, there is no peace.

The police who murdered Breonna Taylor have not been punished, and honestly I am not surprised, I'm not sad, I'm just angry. It's how the system works.

It's weird how easily I got desensitized to people openly talking about how much they wish me and people who look like me just not exist. I read it, hear it, feel it, and continue with my day.

My parents, for whatever reason, never outright warned me that people would challenge my right to exist. They were always quiet about it, they warned me about the police, but I don't know why. If I hate to hypothesize, it's because they wanted to believe that the world would be better when I grew up. But it's not, and it might not be when my kids grow up.

I'm not a fighter, I'm pretty unimpressive - both physically and academically. Yet, people are afraid of me, intimidated by my presence, and it's the same for every black person in this country.

I'm not in a position where I can be on the front lines constantly, and I know a lot of people who also aren't in that position. There was a time where I would say voting was enough - but clearly it's not. Too many people enjoy benefiting from this system, too many people are willing to let things slide for the sake of their normal.

I want to be happy with my normal, too.

 A black life is worth more than a wall, it's worth more than a job. There will be no peace until that fact is enforced. 

I'm asking you to participate, in big ways, in small ways. You don't need money, a better world is built by those who inhabit it, so please just be good people.

As proven time and time again, the police aren't, so we need to get rid of them.

 

-DrowZ

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BREAK!! A Ghibli inspired Tabletop RPG, and my experiences with the genre.

DrowZ: You should play Punch Planet

DrowZ: I wrote about Darkwood